The next QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo is a month away, Live from August 14-15, 2021 and then on-demand for 30 days. It’s a great experience for those that want to improve their amateur radio knowledge and get exposed to new ideas, cutting edge ham radio technology, and practical techniques. And no need to travel – anyone can participate from their home or office! Information can be found at https://www.qsotodayhamexpo.com.
At the Expo, you can listen and engage with almost 100 internationally recognized ham radio luminaries on approximately 18 different topic areas – there is something for everyone.
Topics include: Antennas and Transmission Lines, Build-A-Thons, Contesting/DX, Controllers, Digital Voice Mode, Emergency Communications, Filters and Tuned Circuits, Future of Amateur Radio, Ham History, HF Digital Modes, New License – Now What?, Power Amplifiers, Propagation, Radio Astronomy, Software and Services, Space and Satellites, Test and Measurement, and Youth in Amateur Radio.
Here are a few examples of speakers you’ll want to listen to: (a complete list of speakers can be found at https://www.qsotodayhamexpo.com/spkrlist.html)
“Antennas and Transmission Lines” Track:
- Small Transmitting Loop Design Project: Learn about STLcalc, an open-source program providing a flexible design aide for STL and Magnetic Loop antennas that can respond to user’s changing needs and design goals. (August Hansen, KB0YH)
- Compromise Beverage Antennas Hear Better Than You Think! Don’t give up easily on trying a Beverage receiving antenna. Discover how to overcome non-ideal terrain and space limitations. (Geoffrey Mendenhall, W8GNM)
- Fun with HF QRP Pedestrian Mobile: A look at two antennas for HF pedestrian mobile and the results possible. (Peter Parker, VK3YE)
- N4KC’s Top 5 Get-On-The-Air-Quick Antennas: Recommendations for the top five simplest, most effective antennas to consider for your station. (Don Keith, N4KC)
“New License – Now What” track:
- HF Noise Mitigation: Learn about the various sources of noise, and how to mitigate noise using a variety of techniques. (Mike Ritz, W7VO)
- How to Hammer your Next Ham Exam: Discover the steps to take to master the material and excel in your next ham exam. (Michael Burnette, AF7KB)
- Six Winning Ways to Get Contacts on HF: Get tips on six winning ways to make HF contacts. (Peter Parker, AK3YE)
- Technician Licensees, Life Beyond Local Repeaters: Explore the world of activities, modes and bands available beyond local repeaters. (Anthony Luscre, K8ZT)
Watch as many presentations as you want! A big limitation of in-person events is that you can’t watch many of the presentations (you can only be in one room at a time). At the Expo, return anytime within 30 days to view any of the presentations that you missed as well as explore exhibitor offerings. At our last Expo, our 7,500 attendees downloaded 100,000 presentations during the 30 day on-demand period.
ARRL, the national association for Amateur Radio® in the United States, is a QSO Today Virtual Ham Expo Partner. FlexRadio is the Expo’s Platinum Sponsor. Gold Sponsor’s are Elecraft and RFinder.
Early Bird Tickets are just $10 and then $12.50 “at the door”. Access to only the Exhibitor area is free. And save thousands of dollars since you won’t spend on travel, food, and lodging. For more information, go to https://www.qsotodayhamexpo.com.